Friday, October 5, 2012

The Old Rocker Got A Facelift

Trying to find pieces for Baby B's room has been a fun challenge. I really, really wanted to get an upholstered glider but there is no way I was willing to drop that many beans. I checked my newest favorite website, Craigslist, but came up with zilch. I then remembered my Mom had a rocking chair in the guest bedroom at her house.

This old rocker has some history too. It was originally a wedding gift, and was used to rock my sister, moved across country, TWICE, with my Aunt, and rocked many cousins to sleep. Apparently it even had teeth marks from one of them on it. This lady was old, well loved, and I was sold on it.

The color wasn't exactly the right shade that I wanted it, but my Mom offered to pay for it to get refinished. I actually thought about DIYing it, but after my floor debacle I decided to hire a pro.

Three weeks, and $175 later the old lady came home. She is a beauty.


Special thanks to Caroline at Doc's Furniture Hospital for doing such an amazing job!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena