Monday, October 15, 2012

A Little Pumpkin Shower

 

My good friend Robin threw me the most awesomest baby shower the other weekend for our little pumpkin. It was inspired by Pinterest, but with a twist of Erica. Would you expect anything less? The answer is no.

Her house was decorated in a fall/ pumpkin theme. It works out great since she can keep the decorations up for the rest of the season. The food spread was pretty dang amazing too. It was just like Thanksgiving, minus the turkey. We had Heavenly Ham, green bean casserole, my Mom's scalloped potatoes, my Mother-In-Law's sweet potato casserole, pumpkin pudding, a Pinterest Melon Baby creation, and my favorite cupcakes of all time ... Anna Cakes! Anna made cupcakes for my bridal shower, did our wedding cake, and our anniversary cake. Can you tell I love her cakes?

Anna Cakes CUPCAKES!
 
The Melon Baby made by my Aunts, Mom, and Sister
I also had a surprise guest. It was the best part of the entire day. My sister lives in California, and said she couldn't make it to the shower but would be coming out for Thanksgiving. Well, that was a load of bologna.

I was totally shocked. She walks in and I'm just staring at her. Seriously I was staring at her for what of must felt like an eternity to everyone, including her. I think my Mom might of said something like "hello, it's your sister!" It took me a minute to process what I was seeing. This is how the run down went in my brain .... Oh look, it's my sister. Why is she wearing sunglasses inside? What a weirdo. "I wear my sunglasses at night, so I can, so I can watch you weave then breath your story lines". Oooh, her hair is brown. I like it this color. What a cute outfit she has on. Wait?! She said she was going to Seattle this weekend. What a liar. What. A Liar. Holy crap. It's my sister! She's in Florida! She is here! She is standing in front of me!"


I don't care too much for the traditional baby shower games so this is where the twist comes in. Thank you interwebs for the idea, and to my besties Marisa for sending the link to me.

A Spin on Pin the Tail on the Donkey
Basically everyone pins their sperm on the uterus, and I get blindfolded, spun around, and stick my egg on someone's sperm. It was a big hit. Everyone wanted me to impregnate them.

Robin and I also put together a onesie decorating table, complete with fabric quarters, iron on transfer paper, and fabric pens. The little booger is going to be wearing some dang cute onesies courtesy of all my guests.

Onesie Decorating


My friend Simone is pimping my kid out.




It was such a fun baby shower, if I don't say so myself. Thanks to everyone who made it out to help celebrate with me.

2 comments:

  1. Lol I love your stream of consciousness when you saw your sister! And I'm not your kid's pimp, I'm yo baby daddy! Lol sorry, Chad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're that too ... Baby Daddy Pimp!

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena