Friday, July 30, 2010

I LOVE KELLY CLARKSON!

As most friends know I am a big advocate of waxing, sugar waxing in particular. This all started about a year ago when I went to go visit my friend in New Jersey. I meant to get waxed before I left but I didn't have time. It just so happened that she needed to go as well so we made it a double date.


I find it comforting when the esthetician has a very heavy accent or doesn't sound like she speaks English because then when they are telling their co-workers what I hairy beast I am, I am none the wiser. So I headed back to the Room of Doom and told her I wanted a half leg and bikini. She nodded and whipped out some ball of weirdness. Sugar wax can be applied either like traditional wax with a Popsicle stick and strips or as a paste, which is more like a ball-o-wax that spreads onto your skin and then is ripped off. So she starts waxing and I'm trying to keep my mind occupied with other thoughts other than the impending pain I'm going to feel. Youch! Eek! I love Kelly Clarkson! Next thing I know she is telling me to turn on my side so she can do my butt. What? Did she say my butt? I thought that with my bad hearing and her heavy accent that I must of misunderstood but I played along and over on my side I went. When she was done I flipped back over and realized she took it ALL! How the hell did that happen?

My friend comes to join me afterward in the lobby of the salon where she asked how I liked the sugar wax. I was beginning to think this sugar wax was code word for a Brazilian. I told her what happened and we were both laughing ... "On your side, I do your butt."

One would think after this experience I would never go back but I have and I love it! The wax, not the act of waxing. Waxing still hurts like a mother but I've noticed that my skin isn't irritated and it doesn't hurt as much as compared to other waxes.

Unfortunately I haven't found an esthetician whose second language was English but I did find one awesome lady that I feel totally at ease with. We even joke and laugh together about my manly legs. Here's my shout out to Cindee Grigson at Bella Vita Medical Spa & Salon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena