Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Adventures of Slick Ric

Up until the wedding I practically lived at LA Fitness. I'm the kind of girl who keeps to myself. I get in, do what I have to do, and get out. I don't wear make-up but I do wear dry fit and I almost always have my hair up in a pony tail.

I was going five to six times a week and I often saw a lot of the same people working out there. Since I didn't know them I gave them nicknames. My first regular is "Ass Cheeky." Ass Cheeky is the girl who would come into cycle class and set up her bike almost in front of mine even though I was in the first row. Normally this wouldn't bother me but her attire did after we got to working out. Her cheerleading shorts were constantly riding up her bum and therefore she was constantly picking her wedge. Eeew. After weeks of this, she showed up in Capri pants and she was "Ass Cheeky No More."


There are some other characters who seem to either bug me or make me laugh at my LA Fitness. "Spike" is always at the gym. My husband and I see her there all the time on the stair stepper or doing lunges. She is bad ass and so is her spiked hair. She is the only die hards I see in there with full make-up and hair done and for extra good measure she wears sunglasses, but not at night, just in the gym.

Super-Barbie is a lovely older woman, with big fake boobs, who attends the Pilates class. I haven't figured out why she does what she does but, there must be a reason for her method. She lays down her mat, sits down, and then safety pins a hand towel around her neck like a cape. I'm not sure if she plans to save the world or she is just cold and a cardigan is too uncomfortable. Either way, she always makes me smile.

Last, but not least, is the Owl. There are not many people that I despise at the gym but she is one of them. She goes to a lot of the same classes I go to and I find her etiquette quite annoying. She busts into the class before the previous one is totally done for starters and sets up her little area. Be careful if you are near her because she has no respect for personal space. I call her the Owl because of the sounds that come out of her mouth during the classes. I'm all about whoo-hooing and whatnot but she brings the hooting to a new level. Beginning of the class, hoot, start of a song, hoot, middle of a song, hoot, end of a song, hoot, etc. You might get a "wow" in there sometimes but more than not, it's a dang WHOO-HOO! It doesn't matter if she is on the other side of the room either. Her hooting is loud enough to be heard over the blaring music and the barking instructions of the teacher. I wonder if I could call animal control to remove her?

My husband thinks I am too critical on these people and thinks karma is going to bite me one day, my Mom doesn't want to go to the gym because of "people like me", and everyone else thinks it is funny. If you really think about it I'm a regular and they probably think the same thing about me. I'm the gal with the hard, hair sprayed hair and my sister, well, she calls me "Slick". Oh, Touche.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena