Wednesday, September 12, 2012

The Place I Call Home

While I've been planning, prepping, and purchasing stuff for Baby, my other half has been planning, prepping, and purchasing stuff for GETTING RIPPED 2012. Just kidding. Well, kind of.

Chad has been getting in shape for the Tough Mudder this December. So while I am large and in charge, also known as eight months pregnant, he will be a muscular machine running, jumping, and hopefully avoiding those electrical wires in this crazy event.

I have to say I'm really proud of him for what he has accomplished over the last few months. Chad has completed a Savage Race, and the American Mud Run. This is also in addition to his weekly workout schedules which include running, swimming, biking, and lifting weights.

With a baby on the way, all these events, and activities can be expensive but DEAL is my middle name. Okay, so it's really Lyn, but it should be. We've had a really good luck with Craigslist too. Chad found a schwanging deal on a really awesome bike, and a bike rack. We play Good Cop/ Bad Cop or what I like to call "Husband wants to buy something, but Wifey has all the money". Actually, in real life it's Wifey wants to buy everything, but Husband has all the money.

So with his bike in tow, purchased for like 80% off retail, we headed off to pick up the slightly used bike rack. I was sitting in the car waiting for Chad when all of a sudden I see this ...

Why, Hello Mister Ed.
For all our you readers who don't know, we live in Orlando. Everyone always assumes that Orlando = Disney/ Theme Parks/ Tourists. We actually don't live on that side of town. But our Central Florida area is very electric. Obviously. Hello, horsey. 


Knock, knock, mofo.

Give me a carrot!
It's no big metal chicken, but it will do. This is my town, my home, my people, and their pets. I love it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena