Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Oh Mudder

We planned to surprise and we succeeded.

A week before Mother's Day we thought it would be nice to go visit our Mothers. Instead of choosing between the two, and because they only live two hours away from each other, we decided to go see them both.

Friday night after work we packed up and headed on South. After a little pit stop at Captain Eddie's in Venice/Nokomis for some dinner we got back on the road for the remaining portion of the drive. We pulled into the in-laws around 11pm. We were hoping to beat them home since they had an evening party engagement that night but they beat us! Stinkers! Dad B. knew about our plan and as he saw me sneaking up to the door he quickly told us that Mom B. was asleep. Drats! We woke her up anyway. Tee, hee. She was thrilled to see us and very surprised. Total success.

Saturday morning we went out to Breakfast and then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out in the pool. I even attempted to get a tan. Chad and I must be dunces when it comes to applying sunscreen though. I ended up with a red blotch on my arm and Chad had a couple of red spots on his back. We had a yummy dinner, wine and dessert at Konrad's and then headed out for Leg 2 of Operation Mudder's Surprise.

We pulled into my Mom's driveway around 10:o0pm. I was afraid she had already gone to bed but she answered the phone when I called. I asked her if she got the package I sent her and she said she hadn't checked the mail that day so I told her to go outside to see if it did arrive. The front doors are half glass so I squatted down so she wouldn't see a person figure when she turned on the lights. The front door opens and the crazy woman doesn't turn on the lights. She looks down at me and I say "Hey". She screams, realizes what I am, screams again, then realizes WHO I am and screams with delight instead of sheer horror. Not exactly what Chad and I planned but total success in our book nonetheless.

On Sunday morning my Dad made some breakfast and then we headed on over to spend some time at my Aunt's house with the family and the Meme. It was a great weekend full of fun, surprises, and most importantly happy Moms.

1 comment:

  1. Hilarious! I love the image of your mom screaming at you in shock. I really must try to surprise family sometime. It sounds like fun :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena