Monday, May 16, 2011

iCrap

My iPhone. We have a love-hate relationship. Lately it's been a lot of hating even though it is the only cell phone I've owned in 10 years that still works at the end of my contract. Well, sort of works.

I've had the huge, annoying beeping Nextels, some other phones I can't remember, the Blackberries where the roller balls stop working about 6 months in, and then the iPhone. I usually upgrade every year which is usually when my phone is all beat to hell anyway but dear ol' Ingrid (iPhone) is still hanging in there two years later.

I've had to resort to downgrading the firmware because just dialing a phone number was similar to using 1990's style dial up internet service.

(Hit 4) Wait, wait, wait ... 4
(Hit 0) Wait, wait, wait ... 0

I'm impatient and Ingrid was about to get chucked out the window if she didn't get her act together. But then I heard a rumor of a new iPhone coming out this Fall. The 5! Oh boy! I own the 3g. No, not the 3gs, just the old freaking dinosaur 3g. I actually got it in a month before the 3gs came out. Well, I know better this time although I am hoping I can really hang in there until the new model comes out.

In order to do this I did the all time bad thing as far as Apple is concerned. I jail broke it. Now that was a feat in itself. I'm no techy by any sorts but after 8 hours of trying, reinstalling, and restoring ... I did it. Holy sheet! Thank you YouTube! Now if I could only figure out this Cydia business. Arg.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena