Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Dirty Looking Grout - Be Gone!

Once upon a time I used to have really clean looking tile and grout. Over time the grout started looking a grey color instead of Biscuit (cream). I tried to clean it, scrub it, steam it and even bleach it ... nothing worked.


Then one day while I was perusing around the Home Depot I spotted something called Grout Refresh and like the name says, it refreshes your grout. For $8 I thought I'd give it a shot.



Step One: Clean grout.

Step Two: Spread evenly using a toothbrush working the colorant into the grout joint using a back-and-forth motion to allow the colorant to penetrate the grout.


Step Three: After colorant has dried for 30 to 60 minutes, lightly mist the surface with water and let it stand for up to 5 minutes. Remove excess colorant from tile surface using water and a white nylon scrub pad.

Before:


After:

Oohlala. Me likey.

1 comment:

  1. May I ask how you cleaned your grout prior to applying? Can you just wash /mop the floor as usual, or do ou think you need to do something special before you apply?

    ReplyDelete

 

Made by Lena