Saturday, August 20, 2011

Whimsical Peacocks

I was on the hunt for fun curtains for our bedroom which I soon discovered was a daunting task. I looked online, at Ikea, Ross, TJ Maxx and Target but I didn't find "it". After looking through the window coverings section of Bed, Bath, and Beyond, and feeling quite defeated, I strolled through the Shower Curtains. I actually found something I kinda liked. Selling this idea to my Manly Husband was going to be tricky though especially when I hung the shower curtain up. Totally girly? I sure thought so but the Man comes home and I show him the damage and he says "I like it. It's whimsical." The Whimsical Peacocks were here to stay.


Our first night with the Peacocks were lovely until the sun came up. I soon enlisted the help of my Mama, her trusty Sewing Machine named Sue, and for decorating support, my Auntie Ann. We went on the hunt for something to sew behind the Peacock, like real a curtain. Our hunt ended in the Shower section of good ol' Bed, Bath and Beyond where we found a fabric liner that did the job.

Mama and Sue hard at work
Installing the tie backs was a family affair as well. I measured, my Dad installed the hook, Chad was there for moral support and my Mom supervised.

Whimsical Peacocks in all her glory

The Old Boudoir
The New Boudoir

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena