Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Clampetts Came to Visit

I've never had the ability to fit two cars into our two car garage. I could blame the lack of space due to the fact that Florida garages aren't really made to fit the number of cars they say it does. Northerners have basements and we have "Florida basements" a.k.a., the garage. But the reality is that my husband is a mild pack-rat although that isn't the only reason. The man is a natural born salesman and loves making money. Our garage is usually filled with junk for garage sales. It's not always our junk though. My Dear Ol' Maw & Pa love the garage sales too and since we do them together at our home, our garage has become their quasi-storage.

Pa is a dumpster diver and a trash picker Really, I kid you not. Last time they were leaving our house, they did a u-turn at the end of the street and came back to our house to drop off a suitcase and shop vac someone had put out for trash pick up. Although quite embarrassing to admit, your trash may be our treasure.

So the Clampetts packed up the Dodge Dakota and headed to our neck of the woods.

 
Pa doesn't usually shock me with either the load or the items but this time it was a double whammy. A trundle bed, rubber maid drawers, dishes, chotchkies, and ....

The Amigo TravelMate Mobility Scooter.

I don't allow myself to participate in the selling because I would more than likely give the junk away so I usually just clean and organize the garage. But, since it was a community garage sale, I did my duty of trying to lure potential buyers to our sale. Mi Amigo and I hauled a$$ up and down street with our directional garage sale sign. I don't know if it worked but we sure had a lot of fun.

In the end we had a successful day. We sold some stuff, made some dough, and then moved whatever was left into my nice, clean, organized, could fit two cars in it now, garage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena