Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I'm Over Chicken

I use to watch the Food Network like it was going out of style. I was addicted to Rachael Ray's 30 Minute Meals and Good Eats. I never had an interest in cooking when I was growing up so I learned by watching EVOO Racheal, Good Ol' Alton, and calling my Dearest Mom for Substitutions. (Side note: there is no substitution for corn meal for pizza).

My Mom is an awesome cook. Me, not so much, or at least back in the old days. After many trials and errors  (turning on the wrong burner, burning most everything and setting fires in the stove) I learned to make some pretty tasty things including my Grammie's Homemade Perogies and Pineapple Cookies, Chicken and Dumplings, Mac and Cheese, and Ropa Vieja.

And then ... I hated cooking.

Maybe it was because I have too many cookbooks, or because I never follow the recipes all that well, or because Chad is a slightly picky eater, or because you can only cook chicken so many ways before you are over chicken.

Chef Husband has picked up the slack but after awhile he started to miss my cooking. Maybe me cooking was like me and the gym. We have a love hate relationship as well. So in an attempt to get back into the groove of cooking and do my civic duty as Wife, I went grocery shopping and starting cooking.

I was just suppose to make dinner that night but that turned out to making dinner for the whole week. In two hours I made homemade Mac and Cheese, Homemade Spaghetti Sauce and Sausage and Baked Ziti. Everything I made was for 6 to 8 servings so we had plenty of left overs. Strangely enough ... I liked this idea. Cook everything on Sunday!

Baked Zit, Mac and Cheese, and Spaghetti and Sausage


 The following week I made Pork Chops, Chicken Chili in the Crock-pot, Lasagna and Steak Salad.

Chicken Chili
Steak Salad


Hopefully this streak lasts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena