Thursday, August 12, 2010

Oh Hell No!

A continuation of "A Bride Scorned" ....


The email I received last week from "Ricky":

"Erica,

We are sooo sorry for the delay. I originally said that it usually takes 8-10 weeks. There are still 2 other brides that were before you. "Lucy" said she will finish yours first by this weekend. I should be able to send them out next Monday.

This has devastated our lively hood. Unfortunately, the infection is something that reoccurs and hopefully surgery can solve. Your wedding is the only one she could not make it to. She cried the day before and day of the wedding that she couldn't be there. When it's infected she can not sit to edit either.

We thought we really connected with you guys at the engagement session and loved you both. I don't know why you would think that your pictures would be edited bad or deleted. We would never ever do anything like that to anybody.

We are more than happy to give you the engagement pictures also for the inconvenience. I'm so sorry you feel the way you do!

Ricky"

As of Tuesday afternoon, I have received my wedding photos. The bad news ... half of the engagement photos were missing and out of 1100 wedding pictures that I received, there was NOT ONE SINGLE PICTURE OF CHAD AND HIS GROOMSMEN! 1100 pictures! This is totally unacceptable so I texted Ricky on Tuesday night, you know, because the photographer I hired is too sick or busy to answer emails, texts or any other form of communication. He stated that:

"Those are shots that would be done by the second shooter when you were getting ready. By the time Chad got there, he had to get dressed and go right down for the first look. We have to stay on a time line from the planner."

We had two hours prior to the ceremony to take pictures and in those two hours, with two photographers, we took the prep pictures, pictures of my girls and I, the first look, and pictures of the entire bridal party. I still don't understand why there isn't one single picture of the groom and his guys because we had plenty of time to take all the other ones. There are other key pictures missing but I find that this one takes the cake. Ricky has yet to respond.

If you have seen some of the photos I've posted on Facebook or Shutterfly you might think they are good photos and I might be blowing this out of proportion. Here is why I don't think I am.

I spent $3,100 for a photography package to include coverage for 7 hours. I should mention she is a one man show with a second shooter. All of the work you see on her site and blog are her and/or her second shooter's photos edited by Lucy. I hired her based on the work I have seen on the website and blog. If you compare all the photos I received from her of my wedding to the other weddings she has shot you can see a considerable difference in the type of quality of the photo. If I wanted those replacement photographers I would of hired them directly. I paid for the best and I don't believe I received that.

I am happy that the photos aren't God awful but what upsets me more is the type of photos I got. I am totally dumbfounded at why I am missing key photos that any professional wedding photographer would know to shoot especially when you factor in the price that I paid for the photographer and photos.

I have done some research into Lucy and I'm finding out that I am not the only un-happy bride out there. Her and her husband's lack of professionalism seems to be a common thread among clients of theirs as early as of July 2009. I am shocked that I am the ONLY one who has spoken up about this and how NOT OKAY this behavior of a "professional" is. They obviously won't take responsibility for any of their actions, or lack thereof, and appear that they are not willing to do what it takes to satisfy a disgruntled client.

It's time to take them down a peg or four .... to be continued.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Made by Lena